Monday, May 18, 2009

Batch of late afternoon photos

I might add riding my bike to the main areas this blog will cover. I took a monstrous nap today -- it was dreary, cold and raining all day so I had no guilt about staying inside, lounging and trying to sort out my room. When I woke up, the sun was out, the clouds were gone, and the time was prime for biking.

I hit the road with no particular place to go. Had a great ride and took some nice photos. Found my first lighthouse -- one of five that "represent the most diverse group in a small, contained area in the country, according to lighthouse buffs," according to mvy.com, a great resource for island info. I should note that in addition to my enthusiasm for writing, simple point-and-click digital photography is a huge passion of mine.

Enjoy the pics. New post tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

House in the Martha's Vineyard Camp Meeting Association grounds. Every house is unique and like a little gingerbread house. So cool. I'll have a whole album/post about it eventually.

Pole in a puddle.



East Chop Lighthouse on Telegraph Hill in my town, Oak Bluffs. Not astounding, but hey, at least I found a good spot to see sunsets in the future.

3 comments:

  1. love the pics bro, you're really awesome at photography. but i am a wee bit sad that you'll probably end up keeping your bike so i can't use it in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new room kind of resembles your old room. I like your puddle picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks JQ...maybe I'll get a better bike and hook you up. I'll keep my ears posted about bike swaps/sales though.

    Jess, yup. I'm a magnet for slanty-walled rooms.

    ReplyDelete