Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reggae Vineyard?

Chalk my tally of in-the-works blogs to two -- both of which will hopefully surface by the week's end. Here's a quick blurb for the day: I'm putting together a brief article about all the venues for live music on the island. So far, three or four have weekly reggae nights. What did I say about the ooh-yeah-we-be-jammin' attitude here?! Called it.

Speaking of Jamaica, mon, I'm either in a spell or this is flat-out becoming the summer of Red Stripe. I've always enjoyed this tasty Jamaican lager that sort of reminds me of a brown ale. It's on hand at most bars and I've fallen back in love after a few transcendental sips last Saturday after a grueling night at work. Also found them for $2 down Circuit Avenue at Island House the other night -- which is a steal here.

Yum.

While we're jammin' about reggae, if you've never heard The Fugees' cover of "No Woman, No Cry," spin it.

Back soon with a post about my internship and the newspaper folks.

EDIT: Moments after I posted this, I saw this sign on my street:


1 comment:

  1. Right on, bro. Sean and Travis printed the first 30 copies of Issue 3 last night! We'll make a post when we are ready to start taking orders. Probably any day now?

    ReplyDelete