Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rock lobster

There was a nine-pound lobster on special at the restaurant I reviewed last night, Oyster Bar Grill. Wow. You can bet all nine pounds it's included in my article for next week's newspaper.


I'm sad to say that in many ways, Martha's Vineyard is out-lobstering Maine -- the hotspot for some of the world's best lobster. I had to move to the Vineyard to learn about lobster macaroni and cheese, lobster scrambled eggs, and lobster ice cream. I haven't tried any of the three, but I think the first two will be ingenious, the third may be dubious. Also planning to boil some critters up in the kitchen with some of the other This Week interns soon.

Handwrote a blog yesterday but no time to post as my bike is loopy and I'll be walking to both jobs today. New entry late tonight or early tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We have lobster ice cream and that junk in Maine, you just need to spend a summer on MDI.

    ReplyDelete