Monday, June 29, 2009

Silver screen

A movie theater opened at the end of my street. It's a minute-and-a-half walk from my doorstep. This is one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me. I love going to the movies, so much that I'll go even if it's something I only mildly care about.



Pro: I can see movies under two minutes away from me. I'll never be late, I'll never miss the trailers, which are a crucial part of the experience for me.

Con: $7 matinees, $9 regular showings.

Pro: The theaters here get pretty solid movies.

Con: I'm often forced to go by myself, like tonight, when I saw (and enjoyed) "Away We Go."

Pro: Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp premieres Wednesday and it will be playing for three showings at what I'm now referring to as my theater. Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. I like going to movies alone a lot of times. It can be fun and refreshing and if you laugh too loud or cry a little no one notices.

    ReplyDelete